Former Anambra State Governor Peter Obi has visited communities affected by recent attacks in Benue State, expressing solidarity with victims and calling on the Federal Government to take stronger action to protect lives and property.
Obi said he travelled to Otukpo-Nobi on Friday, August 14, 2026, where more than 10 people were reportedly killed or missing in a recent attack, while several others sustained injuries and were receiving treatment in hospital.
He also visited Efeyi-Ugboju, another affected community where more than 13 people were reportedly killed and several others injured. During the visit, Obi said he was informed that 14 people had also been kidnapped earlier that morning along Ankpechi Road.
At Otukpo-Nobi, Obi joined residents in praying at the site of a mass burial for victims before visiting injured survivors in hospital to offer support and pray for their recovery.
He urged the Federal Government to show greater commitment to securing citizens and closing ungoverned spaces that have become breeding grounds for insecurity, saying the primary responsibility of government is to protect the lives and welfare of its people.
Daily Times























